Thursday, June 18, 2009

She's been called the Muslim Dr Ruth

There was a great piece in the New York Times earlier this month that I just stumbled on, about Wedad Lootah, a marital counselor at Dubai's main courthouse who has written a frank book of erotic advice. Rooted in the Quran, published in January here in Arabic, Top Secret: Sexual Guidance for Married Couples is proving controversial, to put it mildly.

"People have said I was crazy, that I was straying from Islam, that I should be killed," Ms Lootah said. "Even my family ask why I must talk about this. I say: 'These problems happen every day and should not be ignored. This is the reality we are living'."

No comments:

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...