Sunday, December 27, 2009

New year's resolutions, etc

In addition to hitting the gym and yoga studio more often, spending less money at the office Gloria Jean's franchise, eating more vegetables and drinking less beer (I am seriously boring myself here, but I did just return from what felt like a 10 day-long Canadian feast) I plan to be a better blogger.

This little spot on the webs and the increasing number of people from different backgrounds and parts of the world who have been faithfully dropping by for the last 18 months or so has been one of the most satisfying parts of coming to Abu Dhabi. I got a little off track in the last quarter of 2009, launched, I believe, by a severe bout of jet lag - more on that later - that was perpetuated by a more demanding position at work, a happy new relationship, and, to be honest, a bout of ennui and a slight existential crisis about the UAE expat experience in general (also more on that later).

Never mind, I plan to rectify that as of now, as I have returned full of vim and vigour, determined to make the rest of my time here – however long that may be – count.

To start I will cheat a little and point you to the Ever the Nomad blog, kept by the cool travel writer Anja Mutic, who earlier this month asked me to write a guest post on life in Abu Dhabi.

No comments:

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...