Sunday, January 10, 2010

UAE censors strike again


I get a lot of magazines sent here from the US via Aramex. It's expensive, but not nearly as expensive as shelling out $15 to 20 bucks for the ones on sale here.

So whenever I happen to relent and pick something up here, I am usually shocked when evidence of the big black marker appears. This time its the weirdly naked art used to illustrate a piece on interstitial cystitis in the January issue of SHE magazine, which in addition to Harper's Bazaar in the US, also has Kate Hudson on the cover.

3 comments:

Dave said...

I am glad to see that the moral authorities and self-appointed protectors of values are doing their bit to stop the spread of promiscuity and filth......

I have also just an article on Shk Issa and the torture he did not commit that was filmed by a guilty cameraman.... "Oh what a wonderful world"....

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear there is an effort to raise awareness about interstitial cystitis (IC) in Abu Dhabi. For more about IC, check out www the Interstitial Cystitis Association's website at www.ichelp.org.

A 2 Z said...

I would invest in the company that makes these black markers. LOL The last time I was in Qatar (October 09) I bought a pair of stockings and then something caught my eye. All the women on the packages who were modeling had their butts covered in black marker. It was too funny! Great blog BTW

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...