Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I get comments: Dear Anonymous, from the bottom of my heart, thank you

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a picture of some empty shelves in a shop, because basically it looked like the worst shop ever and I thought that would make someone giggle. I made the error of spelling "stationery" with an "a", which every grammar and spelling guru knows is a crime that carries a sentence of 25 years to life.


Two people, both Anonymous, bless them, pointed it out to me. One of them was a total a**hole. Try to guess what one I'm talking about.

And just a note, I don't normally respond to haters. It tends to get me even more riled up than the haters. And believe me, there are loads of comments I don't bother publishing because they add nothing to anything and this is my blog and I do it for free and I have absolutely no obligation to spread around their kind of a "you are stupid, you don't deserve what you have" garbage.

But every now and then, usually when I am struggling with something difficult in my personal life, or my friends, family or colleagues are (and as it seems to be the case of late, it's all 3) I have to wonder about those sad, toxic people who completely miss the point of it all. Who squander the precious time we have here on earth with negativity and vitriol, trying to make people as unhappy as they are, without having the balls to put their name to it.

It leaves you wondering: what kind of person keeps coming back to a place on the internet where they don't have to be, to read content they don't like, written by a person they clearly despise and do not respect?

That is all.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's best to just ignore. I for one am a big fan of your blog, and a fellow Canadian too.

Voix said...

I always get that icky squoosh in my stomach when I get negative comments - like, someone was so angry or offended they had to tell me I'm a jackass? GROSS. Who wants to be that person? So I don't ever tolerate Anon comments, even when they're from fans. If a reader doesn't want to tell me his or her name, they obviously don't want to have a civilized conversation. I'm not anonymous, why should I let them have space?

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...